Tuesday 18 October 2011

Analysis of previous student's children's films

Playdoh children's film

I like how they have used brightly coloured playdoh because its really engaging. I think its a good way of doing the titles because it captures your attention. Doing one letter at a time is more interesting than doing the whole word at once. However, because they do all of their titles in this way, its gets a bit boring by the end. To improve I think they should have come up with multiple ways of doing this, so it would have been different and more interesting. I think the music that they used was good because it was upbeat. I think it was a suitable opening for a children's film because it was colourful and from the music you could tell it would be a happy film.

Olde England storybook film

I like how this opening uses a book to tell the story because it introduces the film well. I also like the way they change the screens into different settings by scrolling because it makes it more interesting and unusual compared to other films. I think the sounds they have used near the end of their opening really suit the type of film it is. I think it is well suited for children to watch because its engaging and interesting to watch as its full of action. I think the beginning is a little slow because not much is happening, but it quickly moves onto some action so I don't think children would get bored. I think the fighting scene was well filmed because it isn't prolonged and I wouldn't consider it to be too violent, so it would be classified as a children's film fine. I liked this film opening because the camera work was done well I could tell that they had planned it thoroughly. The only thing I would critisise is that the titles run across the screen too quickly and it is hard to read which person carried out what job.

'Be Careful What You Wish For' film opening
I liked this film opening because it puts across an important message for children. The girl in the videa has lots of expensive things like a laptop and hair straighteners, so I think the film will go on about how you shouldn't take things for granted and having three wishes is a good way of telling children this. This opening is clear and you can tell what is going to happen which will be suitable for children. I think children would like it because films that have wishes and magic or typically aimed at them. Another strength is how they have added the titles, compared to other films I watched from previous students, they are really clear to read, and you can clearly see who did which job in order to complete this film opening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 12T2-48 CHILDRENS FILM 2011. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz